Barbero Grooming Stripless Hair Removal Wax Kit "Steel" by Waxness
Men's hair is stronger but the skin can be very sensitive. Barbero Stripless Wax Kit "Steel" is an effective hair removal system, formulated specially for thicker men's hair and with ingredients added to protect the skin while leaving it shiny and smooth. It is excellent for the removal of hair from the underarms, chest, back, arms, and legs.
The minimum length recommended is 1/8".
It has an advanced flexible, formula with high adhesion to the hair but not the skin.
After the treatment, hair regrowth will be slower, finer, and softer. The skin may remain smooth for up to 4 weeks*.
*Individual results may vary.
- Wax Container 8.45 oz. / 250 ml
- 2 Wooden Spatulas
- Waxing Instructions
Please read the booklet in full before proceeding with treatment. Failure to follow instructions, cautions, and warnings may result in severe skin irritation, burns, skin removal, or other injuries.
- Remove the external and internal plastic lid from the jar before heating.
- Place the jar in the center of the microwave and heat for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Microwave times may vary. The heating instructions are for a 1000W microwave oven. If wax does not melt repeat in intervals of 25 seconds.
- Heat wax to a thick honey consistency throughout the treatment. Do not exceed 2 minutes and 30 sec on the first interval of heating as wax can overflow and cause burns.
- Do not exceed 3 minutes total heating time as wax can overflow and cause burns.
- Let the jar stand in the microwave for one minute to cool before removing.
- Remove the jar with caution from the microwave, holding it from the upper part. Place on a flat sturdy surface, and gently stir from bottom to top and from the center towards the sides in order to blend the wax and obtain the ideal consistency.
- As the wax is used for a smaller quantity remaining in the jar use proportional less heating time.
2. TEMPERATURE CHECK
- Always test the temperature before proceeding. The wax and/or jar may be very hot and cause burns.
- After the wax has been stirred for 20 seconds, test the temperature by applying a small amount of wax to the inner part of the wrist. If the wax is too hot, allow it to cool and re-test the temperature before proceeding with the treatment.
- For best results, the ideal temperature is a maximum of 42 degrees C (107.6 degrees F).
- The minimum recommended hair length is 1/8".
- Ensure that the skin to be treated is completely clean, dry, and free of lotions, deodorants, or oils.
- Apply talcum powder to prep the skin to absorb any moisture if the skin is moist.
- Using a spatula take a quarter size amount. Rotate the spatula to avoid dripping.
- Apply a nickel-thick layer of wax, without the use of pressure. In the direction of the hair growth, make sure not to apply wider than 1-1/2".
- Leave a thicker border and rounded outer edges to make removal easier.
- For smaller areas use a thinner spatula and less wax.
- Allow the wax to harden for about 10 seconds. Wax will be ready for removal when it is no longer sticky to the touch.
- Do not allow the wax to get too hard as it then may become difficult to remove.
- Flick the lower part of the strip and with the other hand hold the skin taut.
- Pull the hard wax off briskly (like pulling off an adhesive bandage) against the growth of the hair, as CLOSE and PARALLEL to the skin as possible.
5. POST WAXING CARE
- Upon completion of the treatment, apply an antiseptic, soothing oil, or lotion.
- At first, high skin sensitivity may occur but will decrease with continuous use.
- Skin may turn pink and spots may appear after the removal of hair, but these should subside after a few hours.
- Regrowth of hair will vary by individual and may begin to appear in a period of 2 to 4 weeks.
- Do not leave wax unattended while heating.
- This jar is to be used in microwave ovens. It is not to be used on stovetops, conventional toasters,s or toaster ovens. Do not apply directly on flame or any sources of heat.
- Do not leave the wooden spatula in the wax while heating.
- Do not allow the wax to reach boiling point while heating. Handle with care.
- Overheated wax can cause burns. Before applying, test the temperature of the wax on the inner wrist.
- If the wax is at the right temperature it will resemble the consistency of honey. It is thinner and runny and is too hot. Give it time to cool before beginning the treatment.
- If the jar appears distorted from heat or if the wax overflows, DO NOT TOUCH THE CONTAINER, allow it to cool before removing it from the microwave.
- Prior to using, test a small area to be waxed and wait 24 hours. If no irritation occurs, you may proceed to use.
- For best results, make sure skin is completely, clean, dry, and free from lotions, deodorant, or oils.
- Do not apply wax on mucus tissues, blemishes, moles, warts, sunburns, or any inflamed areas. Do not use if you use products containing Tretinoin, chemical peels, or have had plastic surgery, without a doctor's release.
- Do not use it if you suffer from any medical condition that may affect or compromise the skin. Consult a doctor before using if you suffer from any skin-related disorders, circulatory problems, or diabetes.
- Do not use on nipples, perianal, vaginal, or genital areas. Do not use to remove hair inside the nostrils, ears, eyelids, or eyelashes.
- Do not use on areas that have been shaved, waxed, tweezed, or treated with hair removal creams within a 24-hour period.
- Avoid HOT baths, saunas, or other activities that may cause skin irritation for up to 24 hours after waxing.
- Do not use makeup or other beauty cosmetics immediately after waxing.
- Do not wax the same area within a 24-hour period.
- Do not sunbathe or swim for up to 24 hours after treatment.
- Ingrown hair may result after the waxing treatment. Discontinue the use of wax, shaving, plucking, or tweezing that area until the ingrown hair subsides.
- Check the directions of the hair growth before waxing. Failure to remove hair is usually due to applying and pulling the wax in the wrong direction.
- Avoid getting wax on clothing, carpets, textiles, personal items, and jewelry. Wax does NOT wash off.
- If spillage occurs on floors or counters, allow it to cool and harden before trying to remove it. Citrus Wax Cleaner may be used, but make sure to read instructions and warnings in full, on the cleaner's label prior to using on any surface.
- Wax residues can be removed from the skin with the use of any cosmetic oil such as coconut, vegetable, etc.
Storage: Store in a dry, cool place in a vertical position, keep away from water and direct sunlight.
Ingredients: Colophonium (Rosin), Glyceryl Rosinate, Ethylene/VA, Copolymer, Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).